Sunday, December 17, 2006

New Poem: Infinitely

Here's a poem I wrote. It's not very good, but at least my writer's block seems to have passed.

INFINITELY
by Matthew David Ward

Something is pulling at my senses
Darkening the aura of my perception
Placing a chilling blood drop in my thoughts
Permanently closing off any hope for serenity

Doubts of my own sincerity are creeping in
A madness that is slowly conquering my mind
A fight for control would be in vain
Its power is infinitely greater than my own

I cannot shut my mind to this new truth
The lies that have protected me are retreating
And I am left staring into the abyss of my soul
Where I cannot hide from the scrutiny of its eyes

The screaming will not soften, will not subside
They are the only sounds this darkness knows
There is no struggle to hold on and no will to fight
Its power is infinitely greater than my own

No comments: