Saturday, December 02, 2006

Knoxville Today, Georgia Tomorrow

I have returned from my Knoxville journey with a brand new coat (two, actually) and a scarf. It was an interesting trip. We didn't get to do a lot since we were so busy managing our time in the worst possible ways. But while we were out my aunt's friend (and mine) Denise asked me if I'd like to join her in going to Bethlehem tomorrow. With nothing better to do, I said yes. (Oh, the show in Spring City was cute. Got to see people I hadn't seen in a while. One woman in particular hugged on me and loved on me a lot... It made me feel good.)

Now... Denise is a very Christian woman and she knows I'm not-so-Christian, but she thinks (knows) I'm fun. And, as she said, the only young person she knows that could walk it. Apparently it's supposed to be a little area (a mile or so long) set up like the town of Bethlehem with stalls of people trying to sell you sheep (not for real, but as part of the experience), Jesus doing miracles, and other little things expected at that time. Kind of like those medieval fairs, only religious. It's set up about 45 minutes over the state line into Georgia. I really have nothing better to do with my time, so I figured it'd get me out of here and it's an experience I've never had... And, that's important, I think. Doing things you've never done before.

I got Ellen Seasons 4 and 5 in the mail yesterday and I've been enjoying them greatly. I love her sense of humor and the show is just funny. Since Season 5 is the last season, I'll have to start over when I'm done... But then, Reba Season 5 is supposed to be out in December, I think... Woohoo. But it looks like Season 6 will be the end of that one. Then I'm down to signing petitions to get Any Day Now, Grace Under Fire, Chicago Hope, Bette, Welcome to New York or other shows on DVD.

No comments: