Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Roadwork

I've made some new self-revelations. I want to emphasize the self part; everyone has different revelations and truths.

We are conditioned by the world to think being single is bad. We fear going to restaurants alone or to the movies alone. Why? A lot of the world has this sense that being single is shameful so we keep up the desperate searches and jumping into one relationship after the next. This causes us to "settle" and then all hell breaks loose.

I am starting to realize how much of my life I've missed out on while I was out there looking for "love." How many experiences I've missed out on because I felt incomplete. I want to experience my own company. I want to smile and feel free while I sit alone in a restaurant. I want to know and feel I am whole and complete without another person. I am slowly beginning to realize these things.

This Friday I take my aunt back to Athens and later that day I am helping out with a youth group meeting here in town. Then starting on Saturday I am going into a self-imposed seclusion. I am not going to get on the Internet, speak to anyone on the phone, or have any contact with any of the people I know. I'm not sure how long I will do this, but I think I need it as a sort of "rehab." I need to find myself and I know there is a huge change in my personality, life and soul just around the corner.

No comments: