Wednesday, September 13, 2006

New Poem/Song: Right Now

Right Now
(by Matthew David Ward)

I'm laying down my shields of protection
Used against the delusions you've perfected
My threshold of pain is breaking down
And I know where you are right now

The truth is that I still love you
The truth is I now hate you
And the fact is I don't know if I can make it through

You came, throwing out your lines
Mystic powers flowing from your eyes
Promised you'd always be around
And it hurts like hell to know where you are right now

And damn this pain you've left
The insecurity you've burdened me with
A sharp pain shooting through my heart
Is there any light in this consuming dark

And the truth is I still want you
The truth is I despise you
And the fact is I wish you were here right now...

No comments: