Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Magazine Advertising Manipulation

In the mail a couple of days ago I got an issue of Paste Magazine (which I had never heard of). The magazine cover had a paper connected that said I've gotten a year's subscription free. This was interesting. The best part is each issue has a CD sampler of different bands and a DVD with videos and short films. The CD sampler is 21 new songs from different bands and artists. It's an attempt to spark interest in these groups. And so far one song really struck me: "Something Left to Say" by Roman Candle. It's an alt-country band/sound. A rock sound with a little bit of banjo in there. I love how it all comes together. So I'm already considering buying their CD, The Wee Hours Revue. I've put the song on my MySpace page. So, yes, I have been manipulated by the advertising of a magazine. I am so ashamed.

No comments: