Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Continuation of the Reinvention

So I figured if I was going to attempt to find inner peace within, I might as well attempt inner peace on the outside as well. I've decided at least attempt to lose weight. Right now my weight is somewhere around 195, I think. (I bought a digital scale on Amazon and it should be arriving tomorrow - I feel that the scale I have now is lying to me.) My goal at the moment is to lose 25 pounds. And I thought to myself, how can I stick to this? I figured I'd shame myself by putting my weight up on the blog here each week and see if I'm making any progress. So the entries on this blog dealing with my losing weight will be labeled "Fat Diary." Maybe some of my friends will harass me if I'm not doing good and kick me back into gear. I want to do this and I need to do this.

Three and a half years ago I weighed 229 pounds because of a medication I was on (which later proved to cause diabetes and liver problems - there are commercials on television asking people to join the lawsuits). After I went off the medicine I dropped down to 177. I lost 50 pounds just by going off a medicine. And now, I've gained a lot of it back, but this time it's not because of a medicine. This is real and it's going to be hell to lose it.

So, I'll start as soon as I get the scale and do weekly checks on my fat self. Who knows, if I actually accomplish something with this "Fat Diary" maybe it'll help someone.

No comments: