Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Building

So behind me there are crashing sounds and smashing sounds. They are tearing down a building behind me. Yesterday I was on the phone with Pam and telling her how my life had kind of stalled out and wondering how I could get it moving again, when I heard this loud sound. Then, looking through my window one of the walls of the building across the street came down. Then another. As I stared at it then, and stare at it now, all I can see is that it's the perfect metaphor. I need to tear it all down and rebuild. Sometimes life throws us curves and a lot of crap builds up within us, which wears away the building. Each pain is another spot on the carpet. Each guilt is another leak in the pipes. And, soon the building just needs to be taken down and put up again, better and newer. So instead of the sadness of tearing down the building I think it's about looking forward to filling the building again and being at home.

No comments: