Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Jon Bon Jovi

So, I'm watching CNN at work (which is all we're supposed to watch) and Larry King Live comes on with guest Jon Bon Jovi. Now, I'll admit I know very little about Jon Bon Jovi or his group Bon Jovi. I vaguely remember liking "It's My Life" when it came out about 6 years ago. I'm watching this interview and I am being blown away. It was truly one of the best interviews ever. I was so completely and totally impressed by Jon's integrity and beliefs. How he talked about his political standings (Democrat, by the way, thank God)... Larry pressed him about expressing his views and he said that when he was being paid to entertain it was not his place to express his views. I just thought that was great. He talked about his wife (former high school sweetheart) and how he's been married for 17+ years and counting. When Larry asked if he'd ever been tempted out on the road, he said no because he felt he'd "got it right the first time." My respect for this man and his professionalism just sky rocketed. I was so impressed I went out and bought Bon Jovi's new CD, Have a Nice Day and a 1994 compilation CD, Cross Road.

No comments: