Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Latest Writing: I Don't Know Where This Is Heading

I have this weird tendency to walk around singing to lyrics of songs that don't exist. Whatever rhythm pops into my head and whatever words I feel like saying. So, tonight as I was getting ready to go to bed I got this rock-type rhythm in my head (been listening to Bon Jovi) and then the words start coming. After a few lines, I think: 'I need to write this down.' So I sit down and here's what came about:

I Don't Know Where This Is Heading
(Written by Matthew David Ward)

You look at me, baby
Like maybe I got the answer to some universal mystery
Baby if I had all the answers
I wouldn't be looking for the answer to you and me

(Chorus)
I don't know where this is heading
But, baby, I'm on for the ride
And I don't know if it's forever
But, baby, I'm willing to try
Let's give it a shot
Give it all we got
And if we fall, then we fall, it's fine
At least we tried

And I don't know all the secrets
To your heart and your soul
I don't have a key to release you
From your need to have it all under control

But I can feel there is something brewing
Something brewing deep below
And if we don't get started
Then we'll never know
What might be, what we'll find
We can't afford to waste more time

(repeat chorus)

So take my hand and let's go
Down this road as far as we can make it
And if we don't travel very far at all
At least we'll have what we had
It's more than some ever have

(repeat chorus)

No comments: