Saturday, July 22, 2006

My Latest Writing: This Way

I've suffered a short writer's block over the past month or so. I just haven't been able to write anything, so last night at around 4 a.m. I was surprised when this came to be... My latest writing, I hear it in my head as a song.

This Way
(By Matthew David Ward)

The candlelight of my imagination is flickering
Flickering with the flames licking at my pride

The things you have done, you've already hurt me dear
Hurt me and threw me to the side

So why am I clinging to you and your agony
You and your agonizing ways
If this is love, then it shouldn't be this way
It shouldn't be this way if it truly was

So call me an angel to come down and save us
Save us from what we've become

The feelings of better times will keep playing in my memory
Playing in my memory 'til the angels come

But why am I still hoping for a change
For a change in your guarded heart
If this was love, then it wouldn't be this way
It wouldn't be this way if it truly was

No comments: