Saturday, June 03, 2006

My Encounter with Reba

So I went out to Lebanon today to pick up my aunt who came back from a visit to Texas. Lebanon is about 85 miles from where I live. Anyway, I get there and we decide to eat at O'Charley's which is just across the street from where I picked her up. We sit down in the smoking section (cause my aunt smokes, and it's a good thing cause that put us right in the "path"), order and then BAM... in walks Reba McEntire and her husband, Narvel. It was so surreal. My heart starting thudding in my ears and I honestly couldn't breathe for a moment. Before you ask, no, I did not go speak to her. I didn't want to be "one of those people." She was about 6 feet away from me when she walked by coming in and leaving. I got to hear her say "thank you." The guy who waited on her said she was a good tipper... for a $30 order she left like $11 I think he said. It was amazing. My heart is still beating fast. This was like seeing the Pope for me. It was a religious experience. I've been a fan of hers for years... I have hundreds of pictures, all her CDs, all her movies, books (hardback & paperback) and there she was. You see people on TV and elsewhere and you don't really think they could be real, in a way, so seeing her so close in such a normal setting was amazing. Amazing. It has made my year.

No comments: