Wednesday, May 03, 2006

What I'm Up to This Week

This week, I work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I'm off today, which is wonderful. It's good to have some time between the working days. It's stressful working at the motel. Dealing with everybody's problems, the calls, the paperwork, and all that jazz becomes a bit draining after a while. Good to have a break before diving back in.

Friday night I'm going to the Playhouse to see my friend Pam and her daughter perform in the annual Spring dance show. And, on the 12th of this month, my aunt invited me to join her and her friends on a "murder mystery cruise." A boat will dock in Kingston (nearby town) and will then cruise around the lake while the performance happens. There will be a meal and the evening costs something around $60, I believe she said. Sounds like fun! I'm looking forward to it.

I'm currently finishing up The Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson and just started Black Notice by Patricia Cornwell.

Well, it's time I begin my day and get to work on my errands...

I'll end this one with a quote from Samuel Ullman: "Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by giving up our ideals."

No comments: