Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Little Thrill

So I'm sitting here listening to my late-night addiction, the radio show Coast to Coast AM. The discussion tonight is about medicine to lengthen lives. During the conversation between the host, George Noory, and guest, they mentioned that Milton Berle was still alive... And, this being my area of knowledge (useless entertainment trivia), I went to the show's website and sent a "fast blast" (which is basically like an instant message to the host) saying Berle had died in 2002 at age 93. Then, about 15 seconds later he says on air: "A couple of people are telling me Milton Berle died in 2002." It was such a thrill... a strange, eerie feeling to be able to communicate with the host of a nationwide radio show right away... Strange, but exciting. I know this isn't important to anyone, but it was just a good way to end a day. Fun. I love this show.

No comments: