Tuesday, April 18, 2006

And I thought I was busy before...

My work schedule for this week is going to be very hectic. I worked yesterday from 2:50pm-11pm, and today I go in from 2:50pm until my boss "relieves" me... He said he'd try to relieve me as soon as he got back in town so I will be able to work Wednesday... for 16 hours. Yes, I'll be working from 6:50am-11pm tomorrow. And, then, I may have to work Thursday. Now, all of this hit me yesterday. Apparently the girl that started working there the same time I did has quit (actually it's a longer story and I see no point in going into it, it's nothing spectacular). And then, the boss has to go out of town today and will be back tonight and then will be gone Wednesday and Thursday as well. So, it looks like I'll be taking up most of the slack this week... I'm nervous since I've never worked the 1st shift before. I was hoping when I did finally work the 1st shift it wouldn't be followed by another 8-hour shift. But, looking at the brighter side, it'll be a nice paycheck.

Currently reading The Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson. It's a somewhat easy book to read. I needed a book that wouldn't be so demanding on my mind since I'll be reading it at work and can't stay continuously focused on it while I'm there. It's a book in a long series known as the 'Repairman Jack novels.' Apparently Jack repairs "situations" instead of appliances.

I'll end this one with a quote from Vernon Sanders Law: "Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards."

No comments: