Saturday, April 29, 2006

A Day Off...

A day off... finally! After working Monday through Friday, I was about ready for one. My part-time job is becoming very time consuming. The lady I mentioned who would be getting a job because I told her about it, did get the job, but quit after three days of training. They will hire anybody, but you have to be able to survive the training, which is very difficult. It appears like a harder job than it is... I almost quit during the training process, so I really can't fault her. But, it does make me look bad in a way... Oh, well. I'll deal.

I've been watching the DVD of Nine to Five lately (bought it at Wal-Mart a few days ago). The DVD includes a commentary by the stars (Dolly Parton, Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin) as well as a producer. There is also a "Gag Reel" and some other little goodies. It's neat to learn that they are still "in talks" about a sequel to the film. That would be cool. I love Lily Tomlin. I also like Dolly Parton. And, after seeing a recent interview with Larry King, I'm becoming a fan of Jane Fonda. The cast was amazing. Dabney Coleman and Elizabeth Wilson... I also liked one of the secretaries played by Peggy Pope. Dolly talked on the commentary about writing the musical score for the stage play of the show. That would be fun to see.

Life is good. I'm tired, but that is a good thing. Everything is moving along really well. Not much else to say...

This one I'll end with an excellent quote from Dr. Robert Anthony: "When you blame others, you give up your power to change."

No comments: