Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Call Me Employed

Well, good news: I got a job at Wal-Mart. I applied in early January and they called me in for an interview about a week later, then I did a drug screen and this morning I got a call from the personnel lady saying, "Are you ready to work?" I go in Friday at about 8a.m. for orientation. I'm down as a cart pusher/stockman. I'm excited. It'll be good for me to have something to do. It was too easy, though; it almost makes me worry. I applied once, at one place and got it. I hear on the news about unemployment and so forth and then this happens for me right away. Maybe my luck in life is starting to turn around? Or maybe it's a "too good to be true" situation? Or, maybe I'm just being cynical and over-analyzing it. Whatever the case, I got a job and, for now, that's a good thing.

No comments: