Thursday, February 02, 2006

Change is a Good Thing... Right?

Well, tomorrow is my first day as a Wal-Mart employee. I go in at 8 a.m. and the lady said to expect to stay until around 4 p.m. I'm nervous as I can be, but I just need to keep remembering that everything is a learning experience (and if nothing else, a funny story).

Afterwards, about 5:30, I head to the church to help my aunt with the youth meal. These I have actually come to enjoy.

So, all in all, it's going to be one hell of a day. And, I know as I begin working at Wal-Mart my life will change drastically in many different ways... It's a bit scary, but I think I'm ready (and if not, it's too late to turn back now).

Well, I've been saving some more quotes for the "Quote of the Moment," but as I'm still not ready to get rid of the current one, here are the ones that I've saved up:

"There are admirable potentialities in every human being. Believe in your strength and your youth. Learn to repeat endlessly to yourself: 'It all depends on me.'" - Andre Paul Gide

"Things do not change; we change." - Henri David Thoreau

And, my favorite:

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief." - Gerry Spence

No comments: