Thursday, January 26, 2006

A Somewhat Long Post About Nothing Much...

Hey all. Well, all is going well. Nothing much to update on at the moment, but there are some things coming up for me in the near future and I'll keep you posted as they happen.

I finished reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote a few days ago and I'm not about 100 pages into Neil Gaiman's Stardust. What opposites! Anyway, In Cold Blood was incredible. It was emotionally painful to read. Capote digs so deeply into the characters of this true story that it can become painful. There were moments that made me shiver. The power of it was very emotionally draining; it was like having knives slipped into your heart. Good book, though... phenomenal.

Tomorrow I go to help with the youth meal at my aunt's church. I'll be helping with a friend of mine and hers, since she's busy elsewhere. I'm looking forward to it. It's fun. Her friend (Marge) is the cool older lady I mentioned a few posts ago. I'm going to talk her into going to a singles dance and social that's happening here in town on Valentine's Day. And speaking of this singles thing... I contacted the woman who runs this thing called the Crossville Singles Social Club and she told me that it's mostly older people, but it's expanding in age range. She even offered to let me in for free to check it out, but I think I'm going to pay anyway... I don't like the idea of other people paying and me not, it just doesn't seem fair. She also mentioned that maybe I could help her in setting up a younger group (I'm not going to, though. I was asked by the Friends of the Library in 2004 to get more youths to them and I just got worn out with it all. Also, I am not a good representation of people my age as I relate more to older people). Well, anyway, yeah, I'm going to try to talk Marge into going to this "social" with me... Should be interesting... and if nothing else, it'll make a funny story (which is basically how I'm looking at life in 2006).

And so it goes...

No comments: