Thursday, January 12, 2006

My Day's Over and It's Not Even 1 P.M.

I've accomplished a lot today, but I'm not enjoying it. I guess I'm still under a little bit of yesterday's "shitty daze." Good things happened today, but I'm still in a bit of a funk. I guess I just need to sit down and just relax. Breathe.

Well, to try and lighten my mood, I stopped by the used bookstore in town and spent off some of my $85 credit. It's fun to just browse through the shelves. Books just catch my eye. It's like they reach out and say "look at me." It's weird that amid these crowded shelves, one little title stands out somehow. It gets creepy sometimes. After some searching and digging I found the next book I am going to read: Truman Capote's In Cold Blood. Supposed to be a masterpiece, so let's see. Anyway, I like to stop by the bookstore when I'm out running errands because it gives me a break and lifts my spirits a bit, allowing me to continue on through my day.

Tomorrow, I'm helping my aunt out as she feeds youths at her church. I turned in the last report (and some personal writings, as requested) to Jim Crabtree at the Playhouse. Hopefully, he'll still find a place for me there, but if not, no problem. I'll make it no matter what. Fear not, for I am wonderful. I deserve the best and I'll get it. And classes start on the 18th.

A special shout out to Becca for her recent advice and support. I'm glad we have kept in touch and that I can call you a friend. Okay, enough with the sappy.

That's all for today, folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can always consider me a friend and I'll always be around to help you out whenever I can! =) Just hang in there!!