Saturday, January 14, 2006

It's a Snowy Night

It's a beautiful night. I went to help my aunt went the "youth feeding" at the church and it was fun. I met an absolutely wonderful older lady with my sense of humor (which, as we know, is rare). She commented on my wit and said I had a great sense of humor. My aunt also complimented me, not knowing I was close enough to overhear her. Anyway, it's snowing outside and it's incredibly beautiful. My heart is light right now. To borrow a quote from Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing." And speaking of quotes, here are some more I've been saving for "Quote of the Moment" but they've been piling up and taking up space.

You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers, you can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. - Naguib Mahfouz

I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning. - John Boyton Priestley

Welcome anything that comes to you, but do not long for anything else. - André Paul Guillaume Gide

Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. - H. Jackson Browne

There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life - happiness, freedom and peace - are always obtained by giving them to someone else. - Peyton Conway March

Every time you don't follow your inner guidance, you feel a loss of energy, a loss of power, a sense of spiritual deadness. - Shakti Gawain

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings - Eric Hoffer

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. - Andy Warhol

No comments: