Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Shitty Daze

Okay, so today has been a pretty shitty day (pardon my language, but there's no better way to put it). I'm just sitting here listening to Bonnie Raitt and doing my best to wallow in my sadness (it's the best way I have to deal with it and get rid of it more quickly).

On another note, I watched the final part of Country Boys and saw myself several times... and my aunt got a huge close-up in Cody's graduation. I saw the corner of my dad's head. I saw my car, my dad's car (both of which have moved on to other owners). It was a very strange experience. I don't even remember visiting Alice Lloyd College, but there I was on TV doing it. Anyway, I called my aunt and harassed her about all the many people across the country who got to see her. She did have a very big close-up and it hung there for a while (she had more airtime than I did total). It was good to get to see the people that I loved dearly like Kay Ross, Betty (don't remember her last name), Emma, Mary Myron, Augie Hale (who I thought was just the coolest guy ever - he was the one teaching guitar when Jessica's dad went in). It's hard to explain how it feels to see this part of my life after so much of it has disappeared from my mind. It's like a dream. Unreal.

Annie and Celia are both doing well... Celia is finally getting out more and has become extremely playful and mischievous (as cats tend to be). Annie and I just tolerate it. Annie is a border collie so she is incredibly smart and mature. Annie and I were laying in bed and we heard the cat making a racket and she looked at me, I looked at her and that "look" passed between us. It was like she was saying, "Mmhmm, you brought it in here." It's gotten better. I woke up the past two mornings with the cat on one side of me and the dog on the other. It's a good feeling and I'm grateful to have these girls. My girls.

And so it goes...

No comments: