Sunday, March 04, 2007

Find Me

I must get out of town, if only for a day. I'm hoping to head toward Pigeon Forge tomorrow, if it's not too cold and if, of course, I feel like it. I think I have just taken in too many outside feelings. I don't know how to explain what that sentence means. I guess as we live our days, we listen to people and depend on people and soon their ideas/thoughts/feelings kind of soak into us and cause us to lose who we are. I guess there are lots of ways we "lose who we are" if we don't keep a firm hold on ourselves. We become so dependant on people that we lose ourselves. So, I must get out of town. I must find myself. I'd like to go to Memphis, but I don't want to go all that way alone.

The weather is so odd. Yesterday it was warm and nice, then just before that it was storming, with tornado warnings -- and last night it was snowing! The weather is enough to drive someone crazy.

There are a lot of things I need to think about, the trick is actually thinking about it. I've been living under these chains since I started high school, nine years ago. They get heavier every year, with each new painful or traumatic experience. Somehow I've been unable to shake myself from them. They're like weeds, and their taking over the beauty of the garden.

Yes, I must get out town. I have to find myself and I seem to have exhausted all my options here.

No comments: