Thursday, February 01, 2007

Weighing In

I'm losing weight. I've been on my diet for a while now and it's going well. I can see the changes already happening. It's a wonderful feeling. I've been walking two miles a day (today was the 4th straight day of that), eating less and doing sit-ups when I have free time. I'm now at 187, which is a great achievement. I never thought I'd get past 190. I stayed at and above 190 for a couple of weeks, not losing, not really gaining. It was terrible. But, I've broken through that and am now on my way. The goal is 145, so it's going to be a long road.

I'm going to weigh myself once a week (every Thursday), because I obsess about it. I've taped up a little piece of paper above the scale to help me keep track of the numbers. I am also working out a reward system. When I get down to 180, I can have a cheeseburger. When I get to 170, I'm going to eat an Italian meal. When I hit 160, I can have a pizza. Just one of each of these things (and only that one time). Maybe when I reach my goal I can find a way to have these wonderful foods every now and then, but right now I have to make the sacrifice for the better of myself.

My friend, Pam, and I went to Cracker Barrel yesterday and I ate a salad -- and nothing more. I usually nibble fries off her daughter's plate, but I held on to my strength and didn't. The only problem I have with eating out is it costs so much (was $29 really a good price for 2 salads and a breakfast?). Oh, well. What does it matter, anyway? Tomorrow we are going to the coffee shop in town to hang out with a new friend. Should be fun.

My Sociology class is coming along quite nicely. I have finished the first three assignments and am now preparing for the test (which needs to be taken somewhere from Feb. 5 to Feb. 10). I will probably wait until the latest possible time. I am not ready for the test.

Impeach Bush. Enough said.

Peace.

No comments: