Saturday, December 30, 2006

Dead Man

We are such a brutal society we actually want to see pictures of a man hanging. People dancing around another human's lifeless body. If we behave this way, like animals, what makes us any better than the ones we deem to be "bad"?

It just makes me sick. My homepage for Internet Explorer is set to CNN.com so I can scan the headlines every day that I get on. So this morning I am greeted by a man with a noose around his neck. It's just so sick. I don't care what the man's actions in the past have been, it just seems to me that we really show ourselves (the human race) when we dance around the body of a dead person and celebrate.

Then seeing Bush claim the dead man got a fair trial... I am not justifying the dead man's actions. He did what he did. The fact is everyone knew the trial was a farce. The dead man's fate was sealed before he even entered that court and EVERYONE, even the dead man himself, knew it.

I didn't mentioned the dead man's name on purpose. If society feels it necessary to dehumanize people then why should we use a name at all? Don't names make us more human? Or, maybe less... I don't know anymore. I feel so disconnected with the world because I cannot celebrate the death of another human being.

No comments: