Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The 300th Post!: Some Books I Bought (How Anti-Climactic)

Wow. This is my 300th post. Weird. I thought it'd be something more exciting than this.

Anyway, in an attempt to lift my mood, I went to the outlet mall here in town. As I was walking around I noticed a lot of the stores (at least four) were going out of business. This doesn't surprise me since they don't get a lot of business there, I'm sure. But, the bookstore was going out of business!

This is a treat because I rarely go to the outlet mall. This may be the fourth or fifth time I've been. The bookstore had all of its books on sale. All hardbacks were $4 and all paperbacks were $2! Usually I could find hundreds of books I wanted there, but knowing they were all reasonably priced and within reach kind of limited my buying (damn psychology).

So I ended up with only 5 books:
* The Courage to Stand Alone: Letters from Prison and Other Writings by Wei Jingsheng
* The Coma by Alex Garland
* Inamorata by Joseph Gangemi
* The Loop by Joe Coomer
* The School of Night by Alan Wall

I think I'm going to read The Courage to Stand Alone first. It should be an interesting read. The description of the book on the back cover reads: "Wei's writings hold insights for students of China, human rights activists, and everyone concerned with the political future of the world. By embodying the hope for change The Courage to Stand Alone represents an important addition to twentieth century literature of dissent."

That's all for me tonight. Peace.

No comments: