Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Reinvention

Lately there has been this feeling inside me. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's this general unhappiness. And the main problem is I can't pinpoint exactly what makes me unhappy. I have many new people in my life right now thanks to the magic of the Internet, and I'm feeling strained from that. But I enjoy these people, so I cannot really complain. I assume these people think I'm a good person and then I wonder... Am I? Or, more to the point, am I the person I want to be?

I began reading up the basics on different religions (Buddhism, Kabbalah, etc.) just for some relief. I like to take different religions and adopt bits and pieces of their beliefs and mold them into my own vision. With so many different religions out there, and each one has something to provide to bettering our life and world.

I am going to make an effort each day to sit down and meditate. To relax without thinking about my job, my school, my friends' problems, my writings. I want to focus on my inside and find who I am.

I feel I am in the process of a reinvention. Maybe just a renovation. I want to take apart this person I am now and build it back up a little bit better and stronger than it has been. I want it to be beautiful and happy.

If we all hold the key to our own happiness, then I'm ready to use mine. The question is, after I unlock the door, what kind of journey awaits beyond?

No comments: