Thursday, September 07, 2006

Rant.

Okay, I feel the need to rant. And, it’s a repetitive rant. I’ve ranted about the same thing many times before, but it really grates on me, so I’m going to do it again. It pisses me off beyond belief how we treat homosexuals. It pisses me off that there are people out there who believe keeping a person from having the same rights as them is a good thing -- is a necessary thing. Equality was not meant to be an optional thing in this country. Keeping men and women from your own country, your own countrymen, from having the same rights you do. And the reason? I’ve heard all the excuses but they are all bullshit. It all goes back to religion and there are many different religions and beliefs, so that doesn’t fly with me. Religion is not an excuse the government should even consider. I wish more people read this blog so I could indict these people with a level of hatred that disgusts me. This need to change people or deny them is simply idiotic. The level of hypocrisy is unbelievable. These people have such narrow minds, worn down with years of people telling them what to think, they can barely form a logical thought. And then when anyone speaks out about it all hell breaks loose. I know I’ll probably have a couple of people mention this post to me, or hold it against me. Usually I’ve been less harsh with my words, but I’m in a place tonight where I needed to get this out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine.

“The equality that we’re all entitled to, as citizens of this democracy, can’t be avoided by some religious dogma of a President.” - Rosie O’Donnell.

No comments: