Saturday, May 13, 2006

Celia and the Murder-Mystery Cruise

I just got back from taking Celia to the vet. I came home last night from the mystery cruise and Celia was acting strangely. This morning, I called my friend Pam gave her a rundown on Celia's symptoms and Pam told me I should take the cat to the vet. They were closed, but the doctor said he would see Celia. He was about to leave to check out another animal, but he'd be back in a couple of hours. During that time, his nurses would do the blood work, x-rays, and take care of her dehydration. He said she may not make it through the night. So, please everyone keep Celia in your thoughts, meditations, prayers, etc.

As for the mystery cruise, it wasn't exactly what I had expected, but it was fun. I enjoyed it. My aunt sat down and had a conversation with two of the actors in the performance and had no idea they were actors. This is strange, because their names were Madame Zodiac and her husband/hairdresser Taurus. They had thick foreign accents and said they were from Oak Ridge. The man wore a 1970s style shirt which showed off his chest hair, and the woman had long gloves on and the whole shebang. Still, my aunt fell for it. Once we got out on the water, they said the actors had broken down and they were trying to get them out to us, but in the meantime, Madame Zodiac would do a little impromptu performance. My aunt was bitching and moaning about it because she was upset they weren't doing the murder-mystery thing. I kept telling her: "Shut up," "Stop your bitching," "Pay attention." Until finally, I had to ruin it for her and tell her it was part of the show so she'd stop being so rude. Anyway, it was a very nice way to spend an evening.

Hope you're all doing well...

No comments: