Monday, April 24, 2006

Work, Love and Comedy

I survived my work schedule for last week and it looks like this week will be easier. I work the second shift Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and then the first shift on Friday. I'm still ending up with more hours than most people. Actually, the girls who work there ask for more hours and still end up with less than I have... I don't ask for them and they're heaped upon me. And, I can't use the excuse that it's because I am doing a good job, because frankly, I suck. Bad. I suck very, very badly. I guess the thing I have going for me is I am dependable.

Otherwise, everything is moving along pretty good in my life right now. I'm happy. I'm in love with someone who loves me. Here's the distinction: there are people who love you, and there are the people who love who you could be. Then you have the people who don't love you at all, but go along with you out of their fear of loneliness. I've been on both sides of all these things and it sucks both ways. But, right now, I am in love with someone I know truly loves me. Now, I can't explain why she loves me, but luckily that's not my job.

I bought Jim Gaffigan's new comedy CD, Beyond the Pale. He's my second favorite comedian, right behind Ellen DeGeneres. One of my favorite bits from the CD is his monologues on the explanation of holiday traditions...

Easter, that's a weird tradition...
"Easter, the day Jesus rose from dead, what should we do?"
"How 'bout eggs?"
"W-well, what does that have to do with Jesus?"
"Alright, we'll hide 'em."
"I'm not sure I follow your logic..."
"Don't worry, there's a bunny."

And, that's it for me tonight... Thanks for coming out to read my blog, folks... I'll end this one with a quote from Seneca: "Speech is the mirror of the mind."

No comments: