Friday, February 24, 2006

Shopping, Insanity, Books and Spider Solitaire

Well, today I went shopping with my aunt and bought some little things to brighten up my apartment. I'm currently looking for pictures and the like to hang on the wall. Photographs/paintings, etc. make such a difference to a room.

Okay, so I meet this girl online and it's obvious we're not a match. So, after a few polite "we're not a good match" messages back and forth it suddenly turns dark and she accuses me of harassment. Luckily, I have the e-mails and proof on my side. There was no harassment from my side and I'm not sure what sparked such aggression from the other side. It's actually laughable, the ridiculousness of it. I'm continually amazed by people and what they do and think. *sigh*

On a good note, I finished Clive Barker's The Damnation Game. I liked it. It did begin to wear down on me toward the end, but that happens with a lot of books. It has very dark visuals in it and I wouldn't recommend it for the squeamish. My next book should be interesting and different: The Center of Winter by Marya Hornbacher. It's apparently a book about a family of four (father, mother, son, daughter) and tells the story of the family's struggle after the father commits suicide. It's narrated from the viewpoint of the mother, son and daughter as they deal with the change in their lives. It should be very interesting and a lot different that The Damnation Game.

I've become addicted to the game Spider Solitaire... As soon as I figured out how to play it, I found myself unable to stop. And it was right there on my computer all along, underneath the plain, boring Solitaire. Oh, so much time to catch up on Spider Solitaire... So much time indeed.

And so it goes...

No comments: