Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday, Monday...

So how is everyone? That's great!

I'm about a third of the way through the Damnation Game... I like it, but the version I have has very small print, so it's taking me a while to get through. Also, work, school and general procrastination is holding me back from really making progress through it.

Worked today and it was interesting to see all the guys buying roses and other assorted flowers for their girlfriends... or, boyfriends (let's be politically correct here). The couples holding hands. I like to see this sort of thing... Okay, let me correct that... I really hate seeing that sort of thing, usually, but today it was almost nice. I'm the Scrooge of Valentine's Day. It's just not one of my favorite days.

Also, I'm so very tired of people fighting. I'm not talking about anyone specific, but just everyone. It seems sometimes that it's everyone versus everyone else. Democrats vs. Republicans. Religious people vs. Non-religious people, etc. etc. etc. It's just so tiring, because it's so incredibly stupid. I just can't see why people can't just get along. Who cares what political party you're particularly fond of? Who cares what your religion is? It doesn't matter. It's really sad all the negative energy that is put out in the world by such judgmental people. I just wish that things like that didn't matter and that people could just "live and let live" - Of course, this is too much to ask, and will never happen.

Okay, so I went off on a little rant there... It's been a while since I did the "rant thing." Felt kind of good... :)

I'll end this one with some quotes:

"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life." - Berthold Brecht

"We cannot become what we need to by remaining what we are." - Oprah Winfrey

"I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen." - Frank Lloyd Wright

And, a personal favorite:

"The fishermen know the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore." - Vincent Van Gogh

1 comment:

Matthew D. Ward said...

Hey. Long time no see. Glad to know you're still around the "blogiverse" -- How's life?