Saturday, January 07, 2006

Once More Into the Fire...

Once More Into the Fire
(by Matthew David Ward)

And here I am again
Standing at the gates
On the other side
My lover, she awaits

Trying to take my time
And figure out my heart
Seeking out reassurance
Some peace from the stars

If love followed reason
We'd all be standing tall
Sure in what we're doing
No chance we could fall

But turbulence is all we know
In these matters of the heart
Grasping at stability
To keep it from coming apart

And no matter what we do
We know it's never enough
Trying to give up pieces of ourselves
Just enough to keep above

So I sit here in this lonely room
And commiserate with my senses
Doing all I can manage
To prepare to leap the fences

Sacrifice my heart to chance
And pray for satisfaction
Can we achieve this magic
And avoid the distraction

Can this love fly on wings of time
And not tumble to the earth below
Survive the winds of desperation
And glide us into the land we seek to know

Perhaps I never had a choice
This love was set in stone
A destiny that was always meant
A love to guide us home

No comments: