Sunday, January 22, 2006

My Shopping Experience

I went to the grocery store this morning around 8 AM. I was surprised as I started to notice the few people who were there shopping. There were 8 men shopping alone (without wives)... And I only counted 2 women shopping while I was there. It's always strange to see men shopping alone. Many of them have that clueless look on their faces. Then, as I was feeling sorry for one of them, I thought, "Oh, shit... I'm one of them."

When I got to the checkout line, my cashier (a man) and another cashier (a woman) were actually having a fight over the divorce of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston. They were talking about it like they knew these people intimately. The man felt that Brad would get what is coming to him for treating 'Jen' (who was "innocent") the way he did. The woman felt that Jen wasn't innocent and the conversation got heated. In my haste to get away, I almost forgot my change.

There was a huge thunderstorm this afternoon and it was beautiful. Very peaceful to listen to the rain falling.

And so it goes...

No comments: