Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Brief Update & Latest Writing

School started and I absolutely love my theatre/speech teacher! Great sense of humor. And it seems that next semester will be interesting as they are adding a musical theatre major to the Roane State courses. They're doing one production this semester and they'll be doing four next semester. Also, he said that Jim (the man that runs the Playhouse) may be teaching some classes on theatre soon. Good time for me to decide on a theatre major. Is it fate?

I also actually wrote something. It's been a while, so I was excited. Without further adieu, my latest piece... (No criticism, please... I just can't take it.)

What Do They Know?
(By Matthew David Ward)

They say it's darkest
Just before the dawn
In the greatest weakness
We must keep pushing on
This advice passed down
Through the ages of revolution
And we abide, bite our tongues
Thinking it's the solution

But what do they know?
They never held you beneath the full moon
So how can they say
Time will heal these bitter wounds?
What do they know?
They never held you and had to let go

And so I sit here silently
Embracing this empty, broken room
Allowing myself to fall
Deeper and deeper into the gloom
Taking a different route
To find some solace in my misery
Turning my back to the lessons
Passed down through many a history

'Cause what do they know?
They never held you beneath the shining stars
So how can they say
Time will heal these all too painful scars?
What do they know?
They never held you and had to let go

No comments: