Monday, January 22, 2007

Friends

Everything is going very well now. Everything has worked out in the best possible way and I am thrilled. I feel lighter. It's amazing how we allow people to drag us down. But, when we cut them loose and let them fly away, it's a new kind of freedom.

A cousin in Texas who I thought I had insulted actually said she respected me for what I said, which was interesting. The same went for several friends. So, I'm feeling a lot better and realizing I had overreacted to the whole situation. Honesty still wins, and I am glad.

I have learned some new things about myself. I have learned that to be my friend you have to be caring. You have to care about others above yourself from time to time. I'm not saying it's wrong to care about yourself all the time, but it's just not the type of personality I care to be around. I have learned that it's best to follow your instincts. As much as I try to debate and explain, I realize there are times it's best to just stop and walk away. For some people, though, it's easy to give up and retreat.

Life is interesting. I am surrounded by the greatest people. I have my best friend, Pam, and after four years there's not a day that goes by where we don't talk to each other. We share things we can't talk about with anyone else, we depend on one another. I would do anything for her and I believe she would do the same in return. She's my buddy. I have Echo, Megs and Glenda, my online posse. I care a lot about these ladies (whether they know it or not). They are very patient and I'm glad I have gotten to know them. Even though I have yet to meet them I am glad I have gotten to know them as well as I do. I will meet you all sometime in 2007 (and I keep my promises). I have Jennifer, my cousin, who is a very intelligent and caring person. I regret the years we didn't speak to each other (my own ignorance). I love and appreciate all of you.

No comments: