Saturday, October 28, 2006

Extra! Extra! What's so extra about it?

I'm giving my two week notice Wednesday... making my last day November 15. Then I will be free. I won't count it all as a bad experience. I have learned a lot. And now, thanks to my experience there, I think I am more ready for school.

I'm currently reading Unnatural Exposure by Patricia Cornwell. I like her Kay Scarpetta books because the character is so interesting. She has flaws, problems and neurotic tendencies and I think that makes for a good character. I hate those one dimensional characters that make it impossible to relate to them.

Got on Amazon.com a couple of days ago looking for some computer game. Not one in particular, just something to occupy my mind. I found one: Scratches. But see, Amazon has this thing where if the order is over $25 the shipping is free... So I set out to get one more item. One. I bought Gillian Welch's CD Revival. Then, I kept looking and got Patty Griffin's Living with Ghosts. A song on Griffin's CD is "Moses," which Bette Midler recorded for her 2000 release Bette. I remembered that I only had Bette on cassette and really couldn't listen to it anymore... So I bought a CD of that, too. In buying a computer game, I ended up with three additional CDs. Grand total of $51 and some change. But, hey, the shipping was free...

No comments: