Sunday, July 16, 2006

Another update that is really no update at all...

Hey, hey, hey! Things are going pretty good around here right now.

I've been reading 7 Steps to Midnight by Richard Matheson, but I think I'm going to abandon it. I'm about half way through it and it's driving me crazy (crazier?). Matheson describes every thought that the main character has and it's getting repetitive and it's grating on me. It's been a while since a book has annoyed me like this. I like Matheson's writing, but this book isn't one I'd recommend.

Sunday is my day off after 40 hours again. And, I asked for Monday off, so maybe I'll get that.

Not really much to update on. Things are good all around. I'm meeting new people on the Internet, which is fun. I like meeting open-minded people. I think I've had my fill of narrow minds who must control and/or undermine everyone else's beliefs.

I bought Ellen Season 3 on DVD. There are only 2 things on which I splurge without guilt. Any season DVD set of Ellen or Reba. Lately I've been watching my finances and it's kind of fun. I like numbers.

Okay, so I'll end this one with a couple of quotes:

"Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form." - Karl Marx

"Failure is an event, not a person." - Zig Ziglar

"Any person capable of angering you becomes your master; he can anger you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him." - Epictetus

No comments: